Sunday 15 April 2012

First Trip To The Barbers!

My mum has been nagging me for a while to get my sons hair cut.  He had a head full of curls so was a very difficult moment for me!  Her only stipulation was to save a curl.  I made it into a card for her, added some photo's to the middle of the card and wrote on the back.


I used an embossing folder "borrowed" from my mum to do the oval and just cut around the edges, this is bazzill cardstock.  Also embossed the back blue card with a spotty embossing folder.  The sticker and round mount is by K & Company and the lace is an off cut just taped at the back.  Inked around the gingham paper with sky blue dew drop ink pad and added a few gem stones. Added the layers with foam pads for a raised effect.  The button is from a huge bargain bag from Hobbycraft and the blue striped twine I made with white twine and sky blue pro marker around a ruler. 
The Star is the curl which was a nightmare to attach so used silicone glue and added the gingham bow from a QVC set of ribbons.  I think I will make myself something similar and frame it. Much better than being stuck hidden in a scrapbook or in an envelope tucked away somewhere!




Before!




During....  Poor fella lol!

Looking smart checking out the wine list!

Love these picture's... soon to be scrapbooked!

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and a great keepsake... lovely little one too. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, he has his moments! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kay,
    fantastic idea - you deffo need to scrapbook this!!
    Great blog
    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, the first hair cut can be traumatic for both mother & child. Certainly was for me, my elder son had curls to die for! Later (17yrs old) he tried to grow out the curls, but then had amazing ringlets! Now, 33yrs, he still has the dredlocks he cultivated after the ringlets! But a great way to create the keepsake for you all.

    ReplyDelete