Sunday 24 November 2013

Tiered Cake Card...

I am determined to keep updating my blog till I've caught up with all the cards I've made.  This time, it's one from August!!!


Another A4 card, for a special lady...



The papers I used were K&Co Scrap Pad To Go ~ Chocolate Neopolitan collection and 2 sheets of gold mirri board. Plus one sheet of white card stock for the cake print out.
The cake is printed from the Block Party Portfolio from Quickutz from my silhouette software.  I added the candles onto the image and added 5 more separately on the page as I wanted to cut them all out including the cake.  I coloured all of the cake and candles with promarkers and used gilding flakes on the cake stand.  Then cut it all out and layered it so the candles were decoupaged. 

I used the stately circles from Spellbinders for the rosette using all the same card as before and the ribbon's and button are from my stash. The hat pins are from Create & Craft and the gems from my local craft shop, I think they were papermania brand.

I wanted to do something a bit different and hadn't really used the images for printing, just cutting.  I should use the silhouette and the software more.  All the layers were stuck with foam pads and the ribbon and hat pins with a glue gun.  

Well after a kids party turned into an all day outing it's definitely time for bed at 9.30pm! This weekend I have made 4 more A4 cards as well so they will all be up here once received.

Kay
x

No comments:

Post a Comment