Sunday 7 June 2015

"The Hatter"

So my friend asked me to make a special card for him to give to his daughter for her 16th.  All I had was Turquoise/Aqua as a brief.

I think my colouring practice recently is paying off, she thought it was amazing and said she couldn't even tell, she thought it was a printed image!  Her friends may turn out to be some of my new customers!


The spotty background is from the new Dreamees Special Occasions Collection.  Layered on top is something I created a while ago!  I painted white Gesso onto kraft card then painted it with a blue/grey/white mix of acrylic paints.  Once this was dry I embossed with the Crafters Companion Vintage embossing folder and covered it in silver gilding wax after sanding it down and then used my We Are Memory Keepers Heart blade to ruffle the edges.  I then layered the leftover strip of Spotty paper and the lacy doily on top wrapping the white and yellow ribbon round it before I stuck it down.


The Crafters Companion traditional bunting die was cut twice in the two contrasting colours and layered. I added a row of pearls (Hobbycraft) and the yellow ribbons. All the yellow paper is bazzill basics and I used the Tim Holtz Vintage Market die for the letters and a HOTP Viney Swirl die for behind the sentiment. I cut this in half to extend it behind.  The sentiment stamp is unknown as purchased from a seller on facebook and arrived in plain packaging!  It is foam mounted onto a Spellbinders die cut from Stately Circles using the last bit left from the A4 printed out spotty background sheet. Not a scrap left!  The ribbon bows (Hobbycraft) were doubled up and topped with a pearl (ebay).


The 16 was cut again from the Tim Holtz letter die and foam mounted onto some create and craft (C&C) couture dies. The Turquoise paper is also from C&C (bling 12x12).  The yellow flower and leaves are made from Dreamees Fantastic Frills stamp's and coloured with Spectrum Noir pens and then pencils and blended. Topped with a gem from ebay! The other flowers and the card candi in the middle is Craftwork Cards.

"The Hatter"

She was coloured using Crafters Companion Spectrum Noir pens and pencils and then blended. So I am entering this into the Spectrum Noir Bling June 2015 challenge as it has bling paper and a bling stone in the centre of the yellow flower!

I think this is one of my best coloured images and I love the way the card turned out when throwing so much on an 8x8 space!
Just one other gorjuss card to come then will share some of my  new Craft Work Card makes!

Thanks for taking a look

Kay
x

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fantastic, lots of work gone into this. I love the gorjuss stamps, getting quite a collection. Do stop by and have a look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete